A couple weeks ago we were lucky enough to hear Aveda founder and Intelligent Nutrients guru Horst Rechelbacher speak at his home base at Intelligent Nutrients event space and Accolades Salon, located in Northeast Minneapolis. So inspired were we by his wise words and earnest passion for preserving the Earth that we asked the famed beauty industry icon to share his tips on having a "green" holiday season, and he graciously agreed!
1. Have a 100% organic Christmas: Organic foods contain more nutritional and antioxidant value. Intelligent Nutrients Intellimune Oil and Tablets contain a high level of antioxidants and are a great way to boost your immune system to combat seasonal illnesses.
2. Drinking organic: There are many excellent organic wines that fit various budgets. Organic wines contain no added sulfites, insecticides and pesticides. Add agave, nutmeg, cinnamon and clove to make a very delicious drink that keeps you warm. If your guests are looking for another beverage alternative, try Intelligent Nutrients Orange Spice White Tea which is perfect for the holidays. It contains a wonderful blend of flavors and spices. Not only does it taste great but is formulated to have slimming and detoxifying benefits.
3. Use organic aromas to purify and set the mood at your home: Pine fir, frankincense, myrrh and spikenard are great essential oils for the holidays. Frankincense, myrrh and spikenard are biblical oils; spikenard being the oil that Mary Magdalena used to anoint Jesus Christ. Make a blend of all the oils or use them separately to spray into the air and on linens.
4. Protect your skin from the cold and dry winter weather: Intelligent Nutrients Certified Organic Anti-Aging Serum is a wonderful remedy for dry skin. In the morning and at night, after cleansing (hopefully with the Intelligent Nutrients Anti-Aging Cleanser), use the Anti-Aging Mist to dampen face and follow with Anti-Aging Serum to feed, replenish, and nurture your skin to avoid dehydration. If you need additional hydration, use a small amount of the Intelligent Nutrients Moisture to seal in the Serum. However, don’t exclude the other parts of your body, use these products on any area that requires hydration.
5. Support local and organic farmers: When you eat, drink and live an organic lifestyle, you show support to local and national organic farmers. If you’re looking to donate money to nonprofit and charities, search for organizations that support organic agriculture. The Organic Center is a great non-profit and resource center.
For more info on Intelligent Nutrients products (which we love) and their mission visit www.intelligentnutrients.com. Or stop into the Northeast Minneapolis location to pick up some great products for yourself or as gifts for others. Bonus: a gallery of artwork by Horst himself, as well as a gorgeous selection of artist-crafted jewelry for sale hand-selected by Horst.